If so far the recipes for breakfast, telemea and tomato paste, and other desserts have become popular, it’s this time that caught our attention: toast with Greek yogurt, ideal for both adults and children. This is a quick and healthy breakfast that doesn’t require too many ingredients.
Don’t be fooled by the name of the dish, as this doesn’t involve spreading the yogurt over the bread, but preparing it so you get the crust. TikTok users mix Greek yogurt with eggs, liquid sweetener, and vanilla extract or buttermilk. Then, press the composition onto the bread along with your favorite fruit (most often berries) and place the bread slices in the airfryer until lightly browned. In general, the cooking time is 10-12 minutes.
Just by looking at the list of ingredients used, we realized that it was a delicious breakfast full of flavor and flavour. Where do you put that nutritional profile is also worth integrating into a healthy diet? The combination of whole-grain bread and yogurt provides a mix of carbohydrates and protein, especially since Greek yogurt contains a higher amount of protein than regular yogurt. Eggs also provide additional protein, iron, zinc, calcium and an antioxidant called lutein. Whole wheat bread also has fiber, which is necessary for digestion and heart health.
Greek yogurt toast
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 60 grams Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, honey, or other liquid sweetener (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- berries, chocolate chips, or other favorite toppings
- Using the back of a spoon, press down on the center of each slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon until you get a homogeneous composition.
- Put half the dough on each slice of bread and the desired toppings
- Place the bread slices in the airfryer for 10-12 minutes until golden.