You buy turnips and you don’t know what to do with the leaves. It’s simple – cook them, because they are delicious. Source – pixabay.com
In early September, autumn vegetables appear on the stalls, but, beside it, we also find the last vegetables that let us enjoy the taste of summer.
For example, there are also perfect pumpkins, eggplants, peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes. In this list we can also include radishes, whose spiciness makes the salad tastier.
However, few housewives know that the leaves of this vegetable can also be eaten, not thrown in the trash. In today’s article you will discover how you can use horseradish leaves in cooking: both raw and cooked.
Chocolate banana cake: a delicious recipe for the whole family
Here’s what to do with radish leaves
Like red root, horseradish leaves have a pungent taste, especially when raw. First of all, we can equip it with radish leaves classic mixed salad, which is based on lettuce and tomatoes. The salad will get a tastier and spicier taste.
With raw radish leaves you can make very thick paste for spaghetti. To make this recipe you will need:
50-80 grams of horseradish leaves,
20 grams of grated parmesan;
15 grams of pine nuts;
1 clove of garlic;
2 tablespoons of olive oil.
The pine nuts are roasted and the horseradish leaves are washed. Next, transfer the pine nuts and leaves to a mixer, add the oil, grated parmesan, peeled garlic, salt and mix. Season pasta with this creamy pesto. If necessary, add the pesto and a small amount of the water you used to cook the spaghetti.
After boiling in salted water, you can use horseradish leaves to make delicious omelette.
Ingredients for the omelette:
80-100 grams of horseradish leaves,
1 tablespoon grated cheese;
grated black pepper and salt to taste;
Beat eggs with cheese, pepper and salt, add horseradish leaves, soak in boiling water first. The dough is placed in a frying pan with hot oil. Fry the omelet on both sides for 5 minutes.
So here’s what you can do with horseradish leaves to enjoy raw or cooked in simple dishes. Good appetite!
BONUS. The best pizza toppings: discover the secret to perfect taste
Today, dishes of Italian cuisine, which have become popular, can be ordered or purchased.
If you prepare pizza at home, it’s a good idea to know what seasonings you can add to enrich and diversify the taste.
The most popular condiments added to pizza are:
1. Thyme will accentuate its taste thanks to a subtle aroma reminiscent of cloves. The tangy and warm taste of thyme can be combined with lemon, garlic or basil;
2. Oregano has a warm and slightly bitter taste, and the intensity of the taste varies according to the variety. Dried oregano leaves are used in cooking because of their better taste;
3. red chili will add a spicy feel;
4. Basil is characterized by a strong, sharp, sweet smell, reminiscent of anise and cloves. Thanks to basil, the pizza will be “fresher” and more appetizing. The taste of basil goes well with tomatoes;
Dessert, ready in 5 minutes: no baking, no condensed milk and no gelatin
5. Garlic will add a certain smell because of its essential oil. However, spices should be used sparingly in pizza;
6. Coriander has a sweet and aromatic smell that only appears in ripe seeds. Coriander leaves also have a distinctive smell. The seeds are sweet and soft with a hint of citrus. They can be combined with other hot spices. Chopped cilantro should be stored in a tightly closed place so as not to lose its taste;
7. Cimbrisor is a spice with a prominent and sharp taste;
8. mustard will add an aromatic and spicy taste depending on the variety used: white – lightest, black – hotter, brown – very spicy;
9. onions will bring a variety of flavors to pizza due to its aroma and will enrich the dish with a sharp and bitter taste;
10. Rosemary is a strong scent, slightly reminiscent of conifers and slightly sweeter than mint. Rosemary will successfully enhance and complement the flavors of vegetables and other spices in pizza. Rosemary leaves can also be used as decoration.
Stay up to date with the latest news. Follow DCNews on Google News too